If you’re looking for a delicious spin on your trusty traditional banana bread recipe to shake things up at teatime, this Nutella banana bread recipe is sure to hit the spot.
Nutella banana bread recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Nutella.
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed. Use super ripe, brown speckled bananas. The riper the bananas, the sweeter and more banana-y the bread.
ALSO SEE: Chocolate chip banana bread french toast muffins
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar. In the bowl of an electric mixer (or in a large bowl by hand), cream together butter and sugar.
- Mix in wet ingredients. Add eggs, one at a time. Mix until combined, it will look curdled. Add vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add mashed bananas and milk.
- Add dry ingredients. Sieve flour, baking soda, and salt over the bowl.
- Gently mix until flour can no longer be seen in the batter.
- Microwave Nutella on high for 15 – 20 seconds, or until it loosens. Add 1 cup of batter and mix to combine.
- Create a marble swirl. Spoon both batters alternately into the prepared pan. Use a chopstick or knife and gently swirl the chocolate into the banana batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. A toothpick will come out with some crumbs. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove and let cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and enjoy!
*This recipe was found on www.bakedbree.com.